Buenos Aires 3 days
Buenos Aires, a beautiful cosmopolitan green city with its parks and boulevards. Buenos Aires, born from European immigrants in the last century lets show its inheritance through the cuisine and tango, that represents emotions and it’s an expression of balance. A social Buenos Aires made by cooperatives that everyday fight against the iniquities of a such big capital city in South America.
1º day: Arrival in Buenos Aires and city tours
International flight. Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel. We’ll accompany you to an hike in the center of Buenos Aires, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We’ll go to the Recoleta district, we’ll visit the renowned cemetery where there are the graves of Argentinian historical personalities, such as Evita Peron, then we’ll visit Plaza de Mayo, the Casa Rosada and the bohemian district of San Elmo. Night in hotel.
2º day: La Boca
In the morning, together with the guide, by public means of transport, we’ll discover one of the most charming and beautiful district of the capital, la Boca, the arrival place of the emigrants – specially Italians – that a century ago reached Argentina.
We’ll visit the beautiful Quinquela Martin Museum and then we’ll visit two cooperatives that help the population and are the meeting and exchange point between the Boca neighbors, their main values the solidarity and the social compromise.
We’ll visit “ Eloísa Cartonera”, a cooperative that uses the paper collected on the roads by the “cartoneros” to create handmade Latin America literature books; then we’ll meet a cooperative specialized in the production of the typical handmade Argentinian biscuits called “Porteñitos” and that employ many young people living in the district. Night in hotel.
3º day: Solidarity in Buenos Aires
A whole solidarity day: we’ll work in group at an association that deal with foods, a “Food bank” that helps more than 400 organizations in the whole Argentina.
During the morning we’ll spend about two hours classifying the products that has been not put in the market for their appearance defects but they’re good for consumption. At lunch we’ll visit and sustain the project Las Manitos, where we’ll meet Rosa, the responsible and meantime the cook, who will explain us the difficult history of this periphery district and we’ll also meet the young people that attend the center. It’ll be a very strong, human and interesting visit at the same time. Night in hotel.
- 2 persons: 590.00 US$
- 3/4 persons: 490.00 US$
- 5/10 persons: 450.00 US$
Prices are per person and are expressed in U.S. dollars.
Please note the following:
- During the visit to project “Las manitos” we and you are guests. We pray you to ask permission to take photos; moreover it’s strictly forbidden to give gifts or sweets to the children. Any donation should be given directly to the directress or the project responsible. In order to respect the tranquility and the normal course of the activities into the home families, the agency has the right to gather all the tourists that travel in the same period, during the tour in Buenos Aires area.
- The project fee will be destinated to the Food Bank and to the project “Las Manitos”.
- From your arrival in Argentina onward, any additional cost due to variation of the program will be charged (net cost plus agency fee).
- - All the transfer from and to airport/hotel.
- - Lodging in selected hotel, guest-house, B&B and hostel, mostly family-run, in double or twin rooms with a private bathroom and breakfast included, where the traveler will find all the support that needs.
- - English-Spanish speaking guides.
- - Entrance ticket to museum and natural areas when guided.
- - Lunch at the project “Las Manitos” in Buenos Aires.
- - Donations to the project of Eloísa Cartonera and of Porteñitos in La Boca district.
- - Project fee (20 Dollars per person).
- - Lunches and dinners (except those specifically listed above).
- Lenght3 days
- RouteBuenos Aires
Ethical ranking How much ethical and responsible is this tour?
20 US Dollars to pay on the site to sustain the projects Food Bank and to the project “Las Manitos”.
Projects and other social associations visited during the tour
Food Bank, Buenos Aires >> Association "Las Manitos", Buenos Aires >> Cooperative Editorial Eloisa Cartonera, Boca, Buenos Aires >> Cooperative Los pibes del Playón, Boca, Buenos Aires
Always walk when possible
Eat typical local food (0km)
Low-energy and water consumption accommodations.
Local economy promotion
Local guides and cultural mediators
Lodging and restaurants in local structures.
Rediscovery and enhancement of local and popular legends and stories
Real knowledge of the visited country and enhancement of cultural diversities
Public means, to promote a direct contact with the local population
Fair and equitable working and salary conditions for all our collaborators